Choral society set for Christmas
SIDMOUTH Choral Society presents its Christmas concert at Sidmouth Parish Church on Saturday, December 4.
The concert, led by musical director Dorothy Worthington, will feature Benjamin Britten’s A Ceremony of Carols, Vivaldi’s Gloria and Elgar’s The Snow.
The quartet performing in A Ceremony of Carols comprises society members of Maureen Dominey, Joan Edgecumbe, Robert Millington, and Andrew Scott.
Joining the 60-strong choir are two soloists from St Margaret’s School, Exeter, soprano Daisy Walford and mezzo-soprano Alice Hodgkinson.
The music will be provided by Ruth James (leader, violin), David Norrish (violin) and Robert Millington (organ and piano). Harpist Ruth Faber will be joining the accompaniment and performing two solo pieces. There will be carols for the audience to join in with.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the concert, at 7.30pm, cost �9 from Paragon Books, Sidmouth High Street, or on the door.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building