Choral society set for Christmas
SIDMOUTH Choral Society presents its Christmas concert at Sidmouth Parish Church on Saturday, December 4.
The concert, led by musical director Dorothy Worthington, will feature Benjamin Britten’s A Ceremony of Carols, Vivaldi’s Gloria and Elgar’s The Snow.
The quartet performing in A Ceremony of Carols comprises society members of Maureen Dominey, Joan Edgecumbe, Robert Millington, and Andrew Scott.
Joining the 60-strong choir are two soloists from St Margaret’s School, Exeter, soprano Daisy Walford and mezzo-soprano Alice Hodgkinson.
The music will be provided by Ruth James (leader, violin), David Norrish (violin) and Robert Millington (organ and piano). Harpist Ruth Faber will be joining the accompaniment and performing two solo pieces. There will be carols for the audience to join in with.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the concert, at 7.30pm, cost �9 from Paragon Books, Sidmouth High Street, or on the door.
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 4 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 5 Top books to inspire children to love nature this summer
- 6 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary