Christmas light display to raise money for Alzheimers Society
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth family are hoping to brighten up the town and raise money for charity after decorating their house in eye-catching Christmas lights.
Lawrence Morrell has used hundreds of lights and 21 plug sockets to put on the display in aid of the Alzheimer’s Society, after his mum Nina was diagnosed with the condition three years ago.
The father-of-two appealed for lights on social media to bulk up his collection in a bid to draw people’s attention to his fundraising.
Lawrence, 40, of Arcot Road, said: “It was a quite sudden diagnosis - my mum was 63 when she was diagnosed and it was over 12 months from her being at home to her going into a home. There are many people that are affected by it.”
He has amassed a collection of Christmas lights as he buys two new sets each year for his children, Lewie, 12, and four-year-old Phoenix.
You may also want to watch:
“We have put a donations bucket outside and we are hoping people will help and raise money for the Alzheimer’s Society,” added Lawrence.
To donate, visit: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Lozz-Morrell
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of