Christmas lights dazzle Beer
VISITORS have been flocking from far and wide to visit the spectacular Christmas lights on show at Park Road in Beer. Collecting for Devon Air Ambulance the residents have now raised around £800 and are hoping this figure will increase by the time the lig
VISITORS have been flocking from far and wide to visit the spectacular Christmas lights on show at Park Road in Beer.
Collecting for Devon Air Ambulance the residents have now raised around £800 and are hoping this figure will increase by the time the lights come down next week.
Brian Sanderson, 65, of Park Road said: "We don't have a target in mind but we rely heavily on people's generosity.
"We suspected this year with the times as they are that it would be a fair bit down but people have been brilliant."
You may also want to watch:
"We have had people from Exeter, Feniton, Lyme Regis and all over the region coming to see the lights."
The residents have now been decorating their houses with dazzling Christmas lights for 16 years and originally collected for the local children's Christmas party.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
But Joanne Westlake came up with the idea of collecting for Devon Air Ambulance six years ago and they have now raised around £3,500 for the charity.
Brian added: "This year, people's generosity has been astounding. It really has been nothing short of absolutely marvellous.