Christmas lunch keyboardist plea
A KEYBOARDIST is needed to make Ottery’s community Christmas lunch go with a swing on Saturday.
The event, taking place at the Institute, in Yonder Street, has been organised for anyone who would like some company on the special day, and 60 people have responded to the invitation.
Organiser Brian Cammack is now looking for someone to play keyboard during the after-lunch entertainment.
“We want to offer some old-time songs, stuff people can sing along to,” he said.
The event is the brainchild of Brian’s wife Wendy.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a dream of Wendy’s to run such an event, as we have seen around and about many people who have a rough Christmas,” he said. “This isn’t just people on their own, but families and couples who might be struggling to make ends meet.”
While the parish church spearheaded the planning of the meal, many community groups, including the Later Life Forum, and the police, have got involved since the idea was first mooted in October.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
Guests will be welcomed with mulled wine, then enjoy a turkey dinner with all the trimmings. A vegetarian option will be available.
Anyone willing to offer their keyboarding skills can call (01404) 811280.