Christmas lunch keyboardist plea
A KEYBOARDIST is needed to make Ottery’s community Christmas lunch go with a swing on Saturday.
The event, taking place at the Institute, in Yonder Street, has been organised for anyone who would like some company on the special day, and 60 people have responded to the invitation.
Organiser Brian Cammack is now looking for someone to play keyboard during the after-lunch entertainment.
“We want to offer some old-time songs, stuff people can sing along to,” he said.
The event is the brainchild of Brian’s wife Wendy.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a dream of Wendy’s to run such an event, as we have seen around and about many people who have a rough Christmas,” he said. “This isn’t just people on their own, but families and couples who might be struggling to make ends meet.”
While the parish church spearheaded the planning of the meal, many community groups, including the Later Life Forum, and the police, have got involved since the idea was first mooted in October.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
Guests will be welcomed with mulled wine, then enjoy a turkey dinner with all the trimmings. A vegetarian option will be available.
Anyone willing to offer their keyboarding skills can call (01404) 811280.