Christmas party fun at Sidmouth Garden Centre
A FESTIVE party at Sidmouth Garden Centre on Saturday raised at total of around �500 for charities.
A bumper crop of Christmas kisses can be expected in the town after more than 300 pieces of mistletoe were handed out at the fun event.
More than 60 litres of mulled wine were also enjoyed by those who attended.
James Trevett, garden centre manager, said he was proud nearly �500 had been raised for charities in just four hours.
He thanked Waitrose and the Sidmouth Herald for their help with the event.
You may also want to watch:
Donations made at Santa’s grotto will go to the Rotary Club of Otter Valley.
More collection cash will go to Children’s Hospice South West and carol singers also performed for charity.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 6 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
A ‘save the turkey’ event raised 3150 with ‘Blinky’ and ‘Lucky Clucky’ getting a reprieve.