Church fundraiser raises £450 for projects
- Credit: Archant
An afternoon of music and tea has raised £450 for church projects in Sidford and Sidbury.
The event was held in aid of St Giles and St Peter’s churches last weekend, featuring music from the Ukulele Strummers. The afternoon was attended by 84 people, who were able to enjoy afternoon tea and live music from the band.
All the money raised will go towards rewiring St Peter’s and installing a new toilet at St Giles.
Julia Stevens said: “St Peter’s Church Sidford no longer meets with present day standards, therefore needs a complete rewiring of the church building this year.
“Quotes are being obtained before applying for a faculty from the diocese that will have to meet with their requirements regarding church building works.
You may also want to watch:
“St Giles holds regular music concerts, family services and along with a more mature congregation a toilet is a much-needed asset.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Set aside a wild patch in your garden - better to watch than the television!