Claire named new partner at Gilbert Stephens
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth law firm has welcomed a new partner to its office.
Claire Veness, a private client solicitor and partner, has worked for Gilbert Stephens since 2006.
She has joined the High Street branch full time after working between Exeter and Sidmouth offices.
Claire, who was made partner in 2015, has played an active role supporting local causes such as marshalling at the Jurassic Coast 10K run, in aid of FORCE Cancer Charity.
Claire said: “Sidmouth is such a lovely place to work, and I am looking forward to playing a more hands-on role with clients and within the local community.
You may also want to watch:
“There is a different atmosphere here, with a much more relaxed pace of life. I am a people person and so I am enjoying more contact with my clients.”
She add that the firm is planning a fundraising breakfast in April and hoped to be involved once again with the Sidmouth Science Festival.
- 1 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 9 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight