Claire Wright backed by East Devon author for General Election
- Credit: Archant
Booker Prize-winning author Hilary Mantel has offered her support to Independent General Election candidate Claire Wright for the upcoming poll.
Ms Mantel, who lives in Budleigh Salterton, said: “Claire Wright is the candidate who will speak up for Devon East - she stands as an Independent, and that means she is free to speak with a strong and genuine voice on issues that affect all of us in our everyday lives.
“She is local, energetic, knowledgeable, and has a real chance of going to Westminster - if local people will come out and support her on election day. If you want a different kind of politics, do something different to get it.
“Don’t waste your vote, give it to Claire Wright: trust a candidate with a clear vision for our unique part of England.”
Mrs Wright said she was ‘so proud’ to have received Ms Mantel’s backing.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Wright is standing for election in East Devon against Alison Eden (Lib Dem), Peter Faithfull (Independent), Brigitte Graham (UKIP), Jan Ross (Labour), Sir Hugo Swire (Conservative), and Michael Val Davies (Independent).
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98