There with You – Clap for the NHS in East Devon
- Credit: Picture: Terry Ife
Residents across East Devon will show solidarity with those on the frontline battling coronavirus by clapping in unison.
The Covid-19 outbreak has led to extra strain being placed on the NHS in particular, with the Government now instructing people to stay at home in a bid to slow the spread of the virus.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson said people should only leave the house to go to work – where it cannot be done from home – for medical reasons, for essential shopping, and to exercise once a day.
At 8pm tonight (Thursday, March 26) residents in East Devon will join in with the national movement to show support for those working in the NHS, carers, food and medicine delivery drivers and shop workers.
People are being urged to clap from their front doorway, in their living rooms or out of a window.
You may also want to watch:
Are you joining in with the Clap for the NHS event? Send us your pictures and videos to email@example.com
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 5 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 6 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon