There with You – Clap for the NHS in East Devon
- Credit: Picture: Terry Ife
Residents across East Devon will show solidarity with those on the frontline battling coronavirus by clapping in unison.
The Covid-19 outbreak has led to extra strain being placed on the NHS in particular, with the Government now instructing people to stay at home in a bid to slow the spread of the virus.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson said people should only leave the house to go to work – where it cannot be done from home – for medical reasons, for essential shopping, and to exercise once a day.
At 8pm tonight (Thursday, March 26) residents in East Devon will join in with the national movement to show support for those working in the NHS, carers, food and medicine delivery drivers and shop workers.
People are being urged to clap from their front doorway, in their living rooms or out of a window.
You may also want to watch:
Are you joining in with the Clap for the NHS event? Send us your pictures and videos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh