Classic Norton motorbikes up for auction in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
A pair of classic motorbikes will be on the starting line of an auction being held in Sidmouth next month.
Both Norton SS models with 650cc engines, they date back to the 1960s and are being sold by Potburys Auctions after the death of their owner.
The first lot, registration BOO 37, has old style V5 logbook, three old MOT and insurance certificates and is estimated at between £5,000 and £8,000.
Lot two, registration RTS 92, is a restoration project that also comes with documents, plus a box of spares and accessories, and is valued at £3,000 to £5,000.
Auction manager Brinley Roberts said: “The market for classic British motorcycles is strong.
You may also want to watch:
“These two examples are sure to attract much interest.
“The auction will be broadcast online with live internet bidding, and we are expecting numerous enquiries.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
“The bikes have already been noticed in the saleroom and probably word is already out there on the grapevine!”
The sale will start at Potburys Auctions in Temple Street at 10am on Tuesday, November 22.