‘Cliff Richard’ and ‘Sensational Groyne’ highlight erosion
- Credit: Archant
Artwork at Sidmouth Library’s tongue-in-cheek take on subject
Geography teacher Action Man, a censored ‘Sensational Groyne’ magazine and a cliff erosion calendar featuring none other than Cliff Richard all feature in a tongue-in-cheek art exhibition at Sidmouth Library.
The Jurassic Coast Team commissioned the work in 2012 and has since toured it around venues in Dorset and East Devon.
The artists had a wide brief and what they came back with was a sideways look at the issues.
The Jurassic Coast Team’s Guy Kerr said: “People love it – you’ve got to get up close to see what it’s all about but rewards close attention. Libraries are a great venue to host it.”
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition will only be at Sidmouth Library until next Friday (February 12).
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman