Clinton Devon’s estate director named in Queen’s New Years Honour List
- Credit: © Guy Newman - 07831 379971
A Sidmouth man has been recognised in the Queen’s New Years Honours List.
John Varley, TD, estates director of Clinton Devon Estates, has received an OBE for services to agriculture, the environment and the rural community.
Mr Varley said: “It is an honour to be recognised in this way and I know this is also recognition of the tremendous efforts of a group of very special people.
“Since joining Clinton Devon Estates 15 years ago I have been privileged to be the estate director for Lord Clinton, his family and trustees, all of whom are personally committed to delivering a sustainable future for Devon’s natural environment and local communities.
“I have also been very fortunate to work with an incredible team of dedicated professionals, completely focused on doing things better, innovating and ensuring that we hand over to the next generation of people living and working in Devon, something even more valuable than we were given.”
You may also want to watch:
For more details, see next week’s Sidmouth Herald.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 9 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 10 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted