Clinton Devon’s estate director named in Queen’s New Years Honour List
- Credit: © Guy Newman - 07831 379971
A Sidmouth man has been recognised in the Queen’s New Years Honours List.
John Varley, TD, estates director of Clinton Devon Estates, has received an OBE for services to agriculture, the environment and the rural community.
Mr Varley said: “It is an honour to be recognised in this way and I know this is also recognition of the tremendous efforts of a group of very special people.
“Since joining Clinton Devon Estates 15 years ago I have been privileged to be the estate director for Lord Clinton, his family and trustees, all of whom are personally committed to delivering a sustainable future for Devon’s natural environment and local communities.
“I have also been very fortunate to work with an incredible team of dedicated professionals, completely focused on doing things better, innovating and ensuring that we hand over to the next generation of people living and working in Devon, something even more valuable than we were given.”
You may also want to watch:
For more details, see next week’s Sidmouth Herald.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 6 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again