Club’s beginners course aims to get Sidmouth running
Sidmouth Running Club is looking to take advantage of the boost in interest in athletics after the Olympics with a new beginners course.
It started this week and is aimed at those who have never run before and would like to give it a try, or those who are returning to it.
Secretary Colin Flood said: “It will be led by our trained coaches, who remember what it was like when they themselves started to run, and will be a gentle introduction to the sport.”
He said much of Sidmouth Running Club’s members started out with similar schemes, and hopes to get plenty of new people involved.
It will last for eight weeks, meeting at 7pm from the Sailing Club every Wednesday.
It costs �10 which includes club membership and will be suitable for all ages, sizes and shapes.
For more information contact head coach Aaron Smith on 07800547910, or Colin on 01395 578436.
- 1 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 Property of the Week: The Square, Branscombe
- 4 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 6 Major firefighting operation tackles blazing barn in Whimple
- 7 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 8 Top six big books of the year to enjoy this winter
- 9 Tips on managing your utility bills this winter
- 10 Programme of concerts set to delight classical-music lovers