Club’s beginners course aims to get Sidmouth running
Sidmouth Running Club is looking to take advantage of the boost in interest in athletics after the Olympics with a new beginners course.
It started this week and is aimed at those who have never run before and would like to give it a try, or those who are returning to it.
Secretary Colin Flood said: “It will be led by our trained coaches, who remember what it was like when they themselves started to run, and will be a gentle introduction to the sport.”
He said much of Sidmouth Running Club’s members started out with similar schemes, and hopes to get plenty of new people involved.
It will last for eight weeks, meeting at 7pm from the Sailing Club every Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
It costs �10 which includes club membership and will be suitable for all ages, sizes and shapes.
For more information contact head coach Aaron Smith on 07800547910, or Colin on 01395 578436.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday