Coach trip to Sherborne Castle will raise funds for Sidmouth In Bloom
- Credit: Peter Booton
Visit magnificent castle in Dorset and explore its grounds, folly and displays
A coach trip from Sidmouth to Sherborne Castle, which was built by Sir Walter Raleigh, takes place on Thursday, September 6.
It is being organised by Cheryl Allen to raise money for Sidmouth In Bloom, and will be the last trip she arranges.
The castle in Dorset was built by Sir Walter in 1594 and, to mark the 400th anniversary of his death, a special exhibition is currently on display there. Its gardens were designed by Capability Brown, with a 50-acre lake, a folly, herbaceous borders and ancient trees.
There is a folly, orangery and courtyard garden, and a vineyard on the estate which makes its own wine.
You may also want to watch:
Tea, coffee and light lunches are available from the castle’s tea room.
Tickets, including coach travel and admission, are £25 per person. The coach leaves Woolbrook, Long Park [bus stop by toilets] at 9.30 am., the Triangle at 9.40am, Sidford Green Close at 9.45am.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other
For booking and information contact Cheryl on 01395 577711 or firstname.lastname@example.org