Coffee Concert at Sidholme Hotel Music Room, Sidmouth
- Credit: Contributed
A morning of music and entertainment organised by the Friends of Sidmouth Town Band
Nearly Famous is the title of a concert at Sidholme Hotel’s music room organised by the Friends of Sidmouth Town Band.
Soprano soloist Penny Daw from Classics Galore will be accompanied by pianist Dorothy Worthington, and they will be joined on stage by performer Susan Gunn-Johnson.
Penny is a principal soloist with Somerset Opera.
She has also taken leading roles at the Northcott Theatre in Exeter, ranging from Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady to the Mother Abbess in The Sound of Music.
You may also want to watch:
Dorothy is well-known locally as an accomplished musician.
Susan is heavily involved in the work of theatre - directing, acting, singing and dancing.
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
At Sidholme Hotel she will be adding her musings on the title theme.
The event, on Wednesday November 7, is a ‘coffee concert’ with coffee served at 10.30am and the music starting at 11.00.
It is free of charge with a retiring collection.