Coffee morning boosts Sidmouth Living with Cancer
Around 250 enjoyed the free event in the St John Ambulance Hall in Blackmore Drive
SIDMOUTH Living with Cancer leaders celebrated their ‘best ever’ coffee morning after inadvertently raising �309 last Friday.
Around 250 enjoyed the free event in the St John Ambulance Hall in Blackmore Drive, writes Claudia Hall.
Sidmouth Living with Cancer’s Bill Lankester said: “It was really brilliant, we couldn’t have wished for anything better- it was the best coffee morning ever.
We didn’t intend to raise any money and ended up with �309.”
You may also want to watch:
Jean Baker was thanked for providing cakes which contributed to the day’s success.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 5 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 6 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 9 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 10 Woman flown to hospital after fall