Coffee morning boosts Sidmouth Living with Cancer
Around 250 enjoyed the free event in the St John Ambulance Hall in Blackmore Drive
SIDMOUTH Living with Cancer leaders celebrated their ‘best ever’ coffee morning after inadvertently raising �309 last Friday.
Around 250 enjoyed the free event in the St John Ambulance Hall in Blackmore Drive, writes Claudia Hall.
Sidmouth Living with Cancer’s Bill Lankester said: “It was really brilliant, we couldn’t have wished for anything better- it was the best coffee morning ever.
We didn’t intend to raise any money and ended up with �309.”
You may also want to watch:
Jean Baker was thanked for providing cakes which contributed to the day’s success.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 8 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out