Coin collection for Sidmouth minibus campaign
Sidmouth Primary pupils in race to save coins for Campaign 2012
PUPILS at Sidmouth Primary School are being set a challenge to help raise money for Campaign 2012.
Keen to help raise �20,000 to buy or lease a much needed mini-bus, each class is being asked to bring in as many coins as possible this week and next, to fill jars.
The winners who raise the most money will, says Sarah Fletcher, secretary of the school’s PTFA, who successfully bid for the Herald’s backing, receive �30 to spend on wet weather gear.
“We want children to bring in as many coppers as they can find,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
In the meantime, the PTFA plans to set up a website page for supporters to make donations, which can be gift-aided. Details will be announced shortly.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Sidmouth's Repo Man TV star Sean doubles as Marvel film superhero
- 8 A remarkably good 50th anniversary for Sidmouth Music
- 9 Sidmouth undone by powerful St Austell performance
- 10 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth