Coles of Sidmouth secures two award nominations
- Credit: Archant
An ‘exceptional’ window dresser from Sidmouth has reached the final of a national competition.
Hilary Hayes, who works at Coles, is one of eight finalists in the ‘employee of the year’ category of the Retas awards.
The senior sales assistant and window dresser was nominated by her employers Colin and Kylie Cramb for her ‘enticing’ displays.
The annual competition honours the country’s best greeting card retailers and employees.
Colin said: “She [Hilary] came with the shop and we are happy that she did. She has been the hidden gem of the business.
You may also want to watch:
“Hilary often does design work and craft work for the window displays at home in her own time.”
Hilary, who has been with the business for more than four years, has dazzled customers and passers-by with her window displays.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
Last year, her design won first prize in the chamber of commerce’s Christmas window competition.
Kylie said: “Hilary usually arrives early to work and at times has to be gently nudged out of the door to go home as she is keen to stay and help.”
The High Street shop has also bagged a place in the Retas ‘best independent greeting card retailer in the South West’. after impressing industry experts and judges.
If successful, the retailer would be eligible for the national ‘best independent greeting card retailer’ award.
Colin and wife Kylie took over the shop and its staff in December 2015.
He said: “We feel proud to be a finalist as we know that the greetings card industry has recognised attributes about our shop that they believe are worth celebrating. We are also following a proud tradition as the previous owners of the shop, Jim and Sandra Cole, were also a finalist in 2011.”
Jakki Brown, co-owner of Progressive Greetings magazines, said: “The Retas awards celebrate the very finest greeting card retail stockists in the UK.”
The winner will be announced on Wednesday, July 12, at the Dorchester Hotel in London.