College’s new head named
THE MAN soon to become principal of Sidmouth College has said it deserves to be an outstanding school. The Herald can reveal that Jeremy Roberts, 49, who lives in Sidmouth, has been appointed to succeed David Birch as principal from September.
THE MAN soon to become principal of Sidmouth College has said it deserves to be an 'outstanding' school.
The Herald can exclusively reveal that Jeremy Roberts, 49, who lives in Sidmouth, has been appointed to succeed David Birch as principal from September.
In just over five years he has worked with staff at Uffculme School to create an institution described as "outstanding" by Ofsted. It is the highest achieving comprehensive in Devon.
Mr Roberts said: "I am thrilled to be appointed to the post. I know just what respect there is for the college in the community.
You may also want to watch:
"I am a passionate advocate of the comprehensive system and I think it works best when a school is able to focus not on groups of children,
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again