College seeks job losses
UNFAIR regional funding from Government has left Sidmouth College faced with having to seek voluntary redundancies among its 100 teaching and support staff.It is among 37 Devon secondary schools that finds their budgets severely stretched by
Top of Form
UNFAIR regional funding from Government has left Sidmouth College faced with having to seek voluntary redundancies among its 100 teaching and support staff.
It is among 37 Devon secondary schools that finds their budgets severely stretched by Government's massive regional differences in funding.
The county is 146th out of 149 education authorities in a table showing how much is allocated per child through the dedicated schools grant.
This year, while London boroughs such as City of London - top of the list - gets �7,603 per child, Devon pupils get half that at �3,843.
Read the rest of the story in the Sidmouth Herald - out today!
- 1 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 2 Exeter vaccine centre at Greendale will remain open
- 3 School steps up safety at road crossing areas
- 4 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 5 Managing the woodland at the Knapp in Sidmouth
- 6 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 7 British Heart Foundation shop in Sidmouth urgently seeking volunteers
- 8 New police station will help address challenges in keeping residents safe
- 9 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 10 Fire training exercise at Newton Poppleford
Click on the link below to sign our online petition to call for a change to education funding: