College seeks job losses
UNFAIR regional funding from Government has left Sidmouth College faced with having to seek voluntary redundancies among its 100 teaching and support staff.It is among 37 Devon secondary schools that finds their budgets severely stretched by
Top of Form
UNFAIR regional funding from Government has left Sidmouth College faced with having to seek voluntary redundancies among its 100 teaching and support staff.
It is among 37 Devon secondary schools that finds their budgets severely stretched by Government's massive regional differences in funding.
The county is 146th out of 149 education authorities in a table showing how much is allocated per child through the dedicated schools grant.
You may also want to watch:
This year, while London boroughs such as City of London - top of the list - gets �7,603 per child, Devon pupils get half that at �3,843.
Read the rest of the story in the Sidmouth Herald - out today!
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Pianist set to delight audiences in 50th anniversary season
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
Click on the link below to sign our online petition to call for a change to education funding: