Beer Autumn Show winners and results
- Credit: Contributed
“Outstanding” quality of entries at colourful Horticultural Society show
More than 100 Beer residents and visitors enjoyed the colourful displays of Charm chrysanthemums at the annual autumn show.
The event, which took place on Saturday, November 3, was hosted by the Beer Horticultural Society.
The Mariners’ Hall was filled with rows of the bushy round-topped plants, with their vividly coloured flowers.
There were also vegetables, fruit, flower arrangements, photographs and home cooking.
You may also want to watch:
The horticultural society’s president, Ursula Makepeace, said the quality in all categories was ‘outstanding’.
She said: “The Beer Autumn Show is the only one of its kind in the whole of the South West.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
It is not only interesting because of its wide range of different exhibits, but it has also developed into a delightful social event on a grey November day.”
Beer Autumn Show Trophy
Winners and Results 2018
Best Chrysanthemum in Show - Dave Mutter. Blackmore Cup for best Chrysanthemum Shape in Show - Chris Loud. Alf Boalch Cup for Best Beer Charm Shape - Dave Mutter. Tucker Cup for Best Visitor’s Charm - Chris Loud. Ewing Cup for best vase of chrysanthemums - John Lang. Geoff Hunt Cup for most points in chrysanthemums - John Lang. Best Pot Mum Cup - Keith Legg. Novice Cup - Michael Adkin. Barrel of Beer Cup for best Photograph - Henry Jaggers. Floral Art Cup - Anne Robinson.
Number of Entries:
Charm Chrysanthemums - 33. Cut chrysanthemums - 14. Pot Mums - 9. Flower Arrangements - 9. Vegetables and apples - 11. Collection of vegetables - 14. Photographs - 27. Cakes - 7. Chutneys - 7. Homecraft - 20. Beach Art - 4.