Colyton crew free driver from overturned car
- Credit: Archant
Colyton firefighters carried out an unplanned rescue after finding an overturned car on the way to another incident.
A crew was on their way to Seaton on Thursday (November 7) following reports of a fire when they came across the vehicle on its side, on Coly Road, with the occupant inside around 9pm. .
The fire station is at risk of closure under proposed cuts by Devon and Somerset Fire Service.
A fire spokesman warned drivers to be extra careful when out driving due to dropping temperatures.
The spokesman said: "We were able to get the casualty out and give first aid before any other emergency services arrived. It just shows that Colyton and Seaton stations are both needed.
You may also want to watch:
"If Colyton closes this poor person would have been stuck in their car until Axminster or Sidmouth arrived.
"It was surprising how cold it was, when we got back to the station at about 11pm all our cars had frosted over.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
"The temperatures are now dropping so be extra careful when out driving, the roads could be icy."