Community market backs Help Scheme
SUPPORTERS of Ottery Community Market have raised �300 for the Ottery and District Help Scheme.
Stallholders at the monthly market raised �131 through donations and a raffle; Sustainable Ottery, which set up the market three years ago, gave �70 and the WI, which runs the refreshments stall, gave �100.
Market co-ordinator Beatrix Godfrey has been a driver for the Help Scheme for the past year.
She said: “We do something for charity every year. Last year we raised money for the carnival, and this year it was my idea to support the Help Scheme.
“The thing I like about the Help Scheme is that we’re helping our own, it’s an extremely worthwhile local cause.”
You may also want to watch:
The Christmas community market is on Saturday, December 11, 9.30am-12.30pm.
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 3 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 4 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 5 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 6 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 8 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 9 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect