Community theatre group appeals for more members in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
A group that brings community theatre to the public in Sidmouth is appealing for new members.
Sid Vale Community Productions (SVCP) member Alexa Baker said: “You may have seen George battling with a fire-breathing dragon and rescuing damsels in distress last March outside The Anchor and thought ‘I’d like to join that friendly, energetic bunch’.
“You may have seen that scallywag Jack Rattenbury and his smuggling friends at Sea Fest last year, and thought ‘I can do that’. Well, here’s your chance.
“We are looking for new recruits as we have some exciting fun and serious productions this year.”
SVCP will celebrate St George’s Day on April 22, entertain the audiences at Sea Fest in May and at FolkWeek in August.
You may also want to watch:
In November they will relive the lives of two local families during World War One in A Painful Duty.
Visit www.svcp.co.uk for more information.
- 1 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 2 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 3 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 4 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 5 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 8 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb