Competition still open for South West churches to win £10,000
- Credit: Archant
Anglican churches who run community engagement projects could be in with the chance of winning the five-figure top prize.
Churches in the South West are being encouraged to enter into a national competition to win up to £10,000.
Insurance company Ecclesiastical launched the Reaching out, inviting in – churches helping communities scheme in May, to find the best community engagement initiatives run by Anglican churches in the UK.
The competition is aimed at entries managed by a PCC or church council that have enhanced their local communities with projects or activities aimed .
Up to £20,000 in funding is available with a top prize of £10,000 and five sums of £2,000 up for grabs.
You may also want to watch:
Michael Angell, church operations director at Ecclesiastical, said: “We have been overwhelmed by some of the entries we’ve received. The activities that churches across the country are undertaking to support people in their local communities and the dedication of the people involved in the projects is humbling and inspirational.”
Entries so far received have included lunch clubs, language classes or running services such as post offices or soft play areas. Churches can enter any activity they have organised in the past 12 months
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
Mr Angell added: “If a church is still considering whether they should enter or not, we would like to remind them that we are not only looking for the big projects carried out by huge congregations, but any initiatives that have enabled a church of any size to build links with their local community and support those in need. “
The competition is open until August 31.
Application forms for the competition are available online at www.ecclesiastical.com/churchcomp