Competitors prepare for Sid Vale Athletic Meeting and other news
The Sid Vale Athletic Meeting at Sidmouth rugby ground, Byes Lane, takes place on Sunday, May 27. Read this and more.
BAND CHANCE: The Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service Concert Band wants to boost its numbers as it approaches its 18th anniversary. The band plays marches, film scores and light classical pieces and performs at venues in both counties. This 30-strong, friendly group wishes to increase its membership and has invited players of any wind instrument or string bass in the Sidmouth or Ottery areas to e-mail email@example.com or call 01392 872200.
BOOKS: Sidmouth Lions Club is holding a ‘Great Book Sale’ on Saturday, June 2, from 9.30am to noon, in St John’s Hall, Blackmore Drive. There will be plants, cakes and coffee on sale by the Lions’ Ladies. All sales are in aid of Lions charities, and if you have and DVDs, CDs or books to donate contact 01395 578596 or bring them along to the sale.
You may also want to watch:
ATHLETICS: The Sid Vale Athletic Meeting at Sidmouth rugby ground, Byes Lane, takes place on Sunday, May 27, from 2pm. As well as the annual fete and fun race for all, there will be a jazz band, sideshows and games, a bouncy castle, barbecue, cream teas and stalls. Admission is �1 for adults and senior citizens 50 pence, children go free.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC