Complex play back on track in Ottery
One of Ottery Community Theatre’s most ambitious ventures is back on track after technical difficulties held up the production last year.
To mark the 25th anniversary of the group’s first independent production, they created ‘The Spirit of Ottery’, a complex play based on events in the town’s history.
Originally scheduled for 2011, Ottery Community Theatre ran into difficulties getting it onto the stage, but is finally ready to show it this May.
The group said the problems came because the production is made up of six individual plays, four of which are staged simultaneously.
Laurie Palmer from the community theatre explained: “The plays are based on real events in Ottery’s history and are performed as near to where they happened as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“The audience are guided through Ottery to view each play, adding to the magic.”
Laurie said they are now raring to go, adding: “The six short scenes are written.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop
“The technical problems have been resolved. Strong casts are in place.
“Basically we are ready to go.”
She said there are still a few parts available as it requires a large cast, and anyone interested should contact 01404 814545.