Complex play back on track in Ottery
One of Ottery Community Theatre’s most ambitious ventures is back on track after technical difficulties held up the production last year.
To mark the 25th anniversary of the group’s first independent production, they created ‘The Spirit of Ottery’, a complex play based on events in the town’s history.
Originally scheduled for 2011, Ottery Community Theatre ran into difficulties getting it onto the stage, but is finally ready to show it this May.
The group said the problems came because the production is made up of six individual plays, four of which are staged simultaneously.
Laurie Palmer from the community theatre explained: “The plays are based on real events in Ottery’s history and are performed as near to where they happened as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“The audience are guided through Ottery to view each play, adding to the magic.”
Laurie said they are now raring to go, adding: “The six short scenes are written.
- 1 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 2 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 3 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 7 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 8 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
“The technical problems have been resolved. Strong casts are in place.
“Basically we are ready to go.”
She said there are still a few parts available as it requires a large cast, and anyone interested should contact 01404 814545.