Concerns over anti-social behaviour in Ottey St Mary
ANTI-SOCIAL behaviour problems in Ottery s Land of Canaan car park will be discussed at an East Devon District Council Scrutiny Committee meeting on Wednesday (September 17).
ANTI-SOCIAL behaviour problems in Ottery's Land of Canaan car park will be discussed at an East Devon District Council Scrutiny Committee meeting on Wednesday (September 17).
Further discussions over the problematic area will take place after concerns were raised by town officials at a Community Partnership and town council meetings last month.
As talks progress over ways to tackle the problem, residents have voiced further concerns over the issue.
Gavin France, of Shutes Mead, returned from holiday over the Bank holiday weekend in August to discover the rear windscreen of his car had been smashed.
You may also want to watch:
Mr France, who owns Heritage Private Hire, lost several jobs bookings while he waited for the damage to be fixed.
He said: "I've got no opinion on young people in this town but I'm very concerned generally about lawlessness in general and the lack of law enforcement in Ottery of obvious infringements of the law."
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
"If and when someone is caught for this, I'd like to see them do some community work- they could have helped me clean up the glass, which me and my wife spent our bank holiday doing."
Ottery Police have urged residents to report all crimes and incidents to them on 0845 777444 or by e-mailing Philip.THOMAS@devonandcornwall.pnn.police.uk.