Concerns raised over Sidmouth road closures and other news
Residents have voiced concerns about the planned closure of important roads in the town during the busiest times of the summer and autumn. Read this and more.
ROAD CLOSURE CONCERNS: Residents have voiced concerns about the planned closure of important roads in the town during the busiest times of the summer and autumn.
Alexandria Road will be closed from August 29 to 31 to allow for South West Water works. The A375 at Sidbury Hill will be closed from September 10 to 21 for drainage works by Devon County Council. And Woolbrook Road will be closed from October 29 to November 2
Sidmouth Town Council has appointed a member to look into the reasons for the closures.
COACH TRIPS: The Sidford and Sidbury branch of the Royal British Legion has arranged for two coach trips later this year.
The first is to the Eden Project in Cornwall on Monday, July 16. The trip will cost �30, including entry to the gardens, but entries must be made by June 19.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 3 Dates for Santa's sleigh tour of Sidmouth, Sidford and Newton Poppleford
- 4 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 5 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 6 Sidmouth's band announces cancelled concerts
- 7 Sidmouth Running Club welcomes return of the Bicton Blister
- 8 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 9 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 10 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
The second is to the Imperial War Museum in London in October, including an overnight stay at the Union Jack Club.
For more information call Valerie Hull on 01395 512261 or email email@example.com
VICAR VACANCY: The Sidmouth Mission Community are looking for a new vicar to be responsible for the parishes of Sidbury with Sidford and Woolbrook, which Rik Packham left at the beginning of the year.
CONCERT: Saturday, June 30, sees the return of The Isca Ensemble for a summer concert at Sidmouth Parish Church.
Starting at 8pm, the programme includes a four-violin concerto by Vivaldi. Tickets are �10, available from Paragon Bookshop.
TABLE-TOP SALE: On Sunday, June 17, there will be a table-top sale in Stowford Community Centre. The event starts at 10am and will include a raffle.