Concert cash is music to ears of Sidmouth Scouts
- Credit: Archant
A CONCERT cash haul of £323 has proved to be music to the ears of the 1st Sid Vale Scouts.
Youngsters and leaders got the helping hand towards equipping their planned new HQ thanks to the Lions Club of Sidmouth.
The funds will help the on-going campaign to build and kit-out a new base for the scouts at Salcombe Regis Recreational Field.
Lions chairman Graham Rossiter visited Sidmouth Primary School last Friday to hand over a cheque to a delighted Gareth Hughes and children.
The money represented the scouts’ share of the net proceeds from Sidmouth Lions’ charity concert in December in the Music Room at Sidholme Hotel.
You may also want to watch:
The concert, ‘Songs from the Silver Screen’, featured talented local performers and musicians collectively known as Musicality.
Singers Vicki Campbell and Wally Cotgrave were also at the presentation.
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 5 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 8 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open