Concert for carnival
SIDMOUTH Carnival funds will be boosted by a Men of Morchard concert next month.
All proceeds from the concert at St John’s Hall, Blackmore Drive, on Friday, August 13, will go to the carnival. The group is disbanding in January 2012, so this may be one of the last chances for people in the Sid Valley area to see them perform.
The group of men from Morchard Bishop got together 18 years ago. Since then, they have performed regularly in towns and villages across Devon, Cornwall and Somerset. The 10 members are Mike Canning, Peter Heal, Richard Tapp, Neville Taylor, Anton Heal, Ray Cook, Chris Barlow, Geoff Stamp, Chris Marshall, and John Birch.
A typical evening’s entertainment includes comedy from Peter followed by pieces such as Melody from Les Miserables and then Richard weaves his magic. In the second part of the performance, the audience might recognise the tunes but not the words. The group sings about what has happened over the years, and current affairs.
Liz Smith from The Cheeseboard in High Street is providing the group with cheese and ham for their half-time Ploughman’s supper.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are priced at �6.50 and include interval tea/coffee and biscuits. There will be a raffle to be drawn at half time.
Tickets available from Sidmouth Stationers and Travel Goods, in Temple Street, or carnival treasurer Justine Payton on (01395) 597253 or 07977 587782.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 10 East Devon author launches satirical book