Construction on 29-flat Ottery retirement complex begins
- Credit: Archant
The construction of 29 privately-owned retired living apartments has begun in Ottery.
McCarthy and Stone announced the news, revealing the development at Tumbling Weir Court was underway earlier this morning (Tuesday).
The apartments are due to be put on the market in the autumn – it is hoped the first residents will be in the finished development by spring next year.
To coincide with the news, the company has also released artist impressions of what it will look like when it is finished.
The development is in a prime position alongside the River Otter and will comprise of a collection of one and two bedroom luxury apartments for the over 60s.
You may also want to watch:
Many of the properties will feature a Juliet balcony or terrace area and selected apartments will also have river views.
When complete, Tumbling Weir Court will include a homeowners’ lounge, landscaped gardens, parking facilities and a convenient guest suite - should friends or relatives wish to stay.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 6 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 7 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 8 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
The development will also benefit from having its very own house manager - who will take care of the running of the development.
A security entrance system and 24-hour emergency call points will also be provided.
Elaine Mills, regional area sales manager at McCarthy and Stone South West, said: “We are delighted to announce that construction has now started at Tumbling Weir Court.
“At McCarthy and Stone, we are committed to investing in delivering the right development for the needs of the local area; and our latest collection of apartments will not only provide Retirement Living in a prime location, it will also breathe new life into the wider community.
“This latest addition to our prestigious Devon portfolio is expected to attract significant levels of interest from retirees in Ottery St Mary and beyond.
“I would urge prospective purchasers to register their early interest to be among the first to be updated on progress as we transform this prime site.”
More than nine out of ten customers would recommend McCarthy and Stone to a friend. It has also received the full Five Star award for customer satisfaction from the Home Builders Federation for 12 years’ running.
Call 0800 201 4742 or visit mccarthyandstone.co.uk/tumblingweircourt for more.