For the attention of elderly residents living alone, unable to get out anymore
- Credit: Archant
A free tea party is being launched for elderly people in Ottery and Sidmouth who feel lonely and isolated.
Volunteers will collect people and take them home after the event each month.
If you interested in a few hours of tea, cake, sandwiches and company - or know somebody who is - the charity Contact the Elderly wants to hear from you.
Fiona Franklin, from Contact the Elderly, said: "The monthly events make a real difference to the lives of those in the group and we would encourage anyone interested in joining to get in touch."
The new tea party group, normally for people aged 75 and over, has been launched to provide a regular and vital friendship link and is for people who live alone and are unable to get out by themselves anymore.
You may also want to watch:
The group is welcomed by a different host each month, but the drivers remain the same.
Call Fiona Franklin on 01934 316578 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time