Core Hill WI pay tribute to ‘dedicated’ member
Kath Whitelegg was energetic and devoted member of Core Hill WI
A dedicated member of the WI movement has been paid tribute by members of Core Hill WI following her death on Good Friday.
Kath Whitelegg, whose funeral took place last Thursday, had been an energetic and devoted member of Core Hill WI for 27 years.
During those years she served two terms as president; in 1989-1991 and again in 1995-1999. She later took on the role of secretary.
In all her years of membership she never missed a council meeting, until forced by deteriorating health in late 2009.
Kath radiated her enjoyment of the movement at all meetings and was always there to greet new members, and ensure they were informed of all the activities and encouraged members to join them.
She was always ready and happy to help members, offering her experience and knowledge of WI procedure.
- 1 New store launches in Sidmouth's Fore Street
- 2 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 3 One arrest after fuel protests on M5 and A38 in Somerset and Devon
- 4 'Donkey work' boosts wildflower growth at sanctuary
- 5 New direction and new chair at Vision Group for Sidmouth
- 6 Opening a new shop presents a risk, but rewards are there if you work hard
- 7 End of year exhibition by Art Academy
- 8 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 9 Support partnership shows looking after town's library is no 'fools' errand...
- 10 Cricketing pacesetters hit some unexpected buffers
Kath was an enthusiastic member of the drama group, taking part in all the productions and drama festivals from 1983 awards.
Another of her interests was the Sidford Horticultural Show and she entered many of the individual classes and inspired members to enter.
Kath will be very much missed by her many friends, and especially by the Core Hill WI members.