Core Hill WI pay tribute to ‘dedicated’ member
Kath Whitelegg was energetic and devoted member of Core Hill WI
A dedicated member of the WI movement has been paid tribute by members of Core Hill WI following her death on Good Friday.
Kath Whitelegg, whose funeral took place last Thursday, had been an energetic and devoted member of Core Hill WI for 27 years.
During those years she served two terms as president; in 1989-1991 and again in 1995-1999. She later took on the role of secretary.
In all her years of membership she never missed a council meeting, until forced by deteriorating health in late 2009.
You may also want to watch:
Kath radiated her enjoyment of the movement at all meetings and was always there to greet new members, and ensure they were informed of all the activities and encouraged members to join them.
She was always ready and happy to help members, offering her experience and knowledge of WI procedure.
- 1 Town's garden efforts on display at Chelsea Flower Show
- 2 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 3 7 of the prettiest streets in Sidmouth
- 4 Can you hear me? Science festival will attempt a new tin can phone world record
- 5 The act of giving makes a big difference
- 6 Young surfer raising hundreds of pounds with sponsored beach clean
- 7 New gin launch helps raise funds for Tar Barrel tradition
- 8 Let's engage with youths to help keep environment clean
- 9 Lifeboat responds to two call-outs in one night
- 10 Initial findings show town's waterways are healthy
Kath was an enthusiastic member of the drama group, taking part in all the productions and drama festivals from 1983 awards.
Another of her interests was the Sidford Horticultural Show and she entered many of the individual classes and inspired members to enter.
Kath will be very much missed by her many friends, and especially by the Core Hill WI members.