East Devon MP Simon Jupp’s ‘thoughts are with’ Prime Minister and family during coronavirus treatment
- Credit: Archant
The MP for East Devon has expressed his concern and support for Boris Johnson as the Prime Minister remains in intensive care, being treated for the coronavirus.
Simon Jupp MP said: “My thoughts are with the Prime Minister and his family.
“I wish him a speedy recovery and know he’s in the best hands with our brilliant NHS.
“He’s a real fighter and will be keen to get back to leading our country through this difficult period.”
On Monday night (April 6), when the news broke that the Prime Minister was in intensive care, Mr Jupp tweeted: “We’re all right behind you @BorisJohnson. Get well soon. Our country needs you.”
You may also want to watch:
Boris Johnson is currently in a stable condition at St Thomas’ Hospital in London.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences