East Devon MP Simon Jupp’s ‘thoughts are with’ Prime Minister and family during coronavirus treatment
- Credit: Archant
The MP for East Devon has expressed his concern and support for Boris Johnson as the Prime Minister remains in intensive care, being treated for the coronavirus.
Simon Jupp MP said: “My thoughts are with the Prime Minister and his family.
“I wish him a speedy recovery and know he’s in the best hands with our brilliant NHS.
“He’s a real fighter and will be keen to get back to leading our country through this difficult period.”
On Monday night (April 6), when the news broke that the Prime Minister was in intensive care, Mr Jupp tweeted: “We’re all right behind you @BorisJohnson. Get well soon. Our country needs you.”
You may also want to watch:
Boris Johnson is currently in a stable condition at St Thomas’ Hospital in London.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council