Costa boss offers reward for details on smashed window
- Credit: Archant
A TOWN-CENTRE business owner has offered a cash reward to anyone who can help police catch the person who smashed a window at Costa Coffee.
James Witty, managing director of Jurassic Coast Coffee, says the perpetrator has ‘no respect for the heritage of Sidmouth’.
The offence took place in Old Fore Street late on Saturday and Mr Witty has put it down to ‘drunken kids’ coming home from a night out.
The largest ground floor area next to the bar area was smashed at the premises, formerly the Old Ship pub.
Mr Witty said he was told by police nothing can be done as there is no CCTV covering the town’s streets.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “I am happy to offer a cash reward to any individual who can supply Information to the store, leading to criminal conviction of the perpetrator. As the old building is Grade II listed, it clearly demonstrates the youth of today have no respect for the heritage of Sidmouth.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 8 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 9 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 10 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club