Costa for Sidmouth? - sooner or latte
The face of Sidmouth’s shopping centre is changing, with national stores taking over vacant units.
WALK down Sidmouth’s main shopping street and you will soon notice the difference.
Renowned for its unique shops, more outlets are being taken over by High Street chains, the latest of whom, Fat Face, is soon to be ensconced at the former Knights of Sidmouth store.
Rumours abound that the recently closed Cards & Things and Royal London Tea Rooms above, in Fore Street, will become a Costa coffee shop.
However, residents may have a long wait for their macchiato or caffe latte as Costa’s press officer could not confirm the company was moving in.
You may also want to watch:
Melissa Mace told the Sidmouth Herald this week: “Our property team are always on the look out for new store locations. The possibility of coming to Sidmouth is currently being evaluated.”
Neither have any planning applications been submitted for change of use or new signage.
- 1 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 2 August celebrations at Manstone Lane – Home of the Vikings
- 3 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 4 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 5 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 6 Return to online meetings thanks to progressive alliance
- 7 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
- 8 Artists given a masterclass in watercolour painting
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 New minibus takes voluntary service's fleet to three
Meanwhile work is being carried out in the former Cards for All Seasons, old Post Office shop, Market Place, to transform it into a Nosh Sandwich Kitchen.
A small Hi Ho Silver shop will also open soon in Fore Street.