Could Sidmouth’s only nightclub become an eatery?
- Credit: Archant
Plans have been submitted to turn Carinas into café or restaurant
Sidmouth’s only nightclub could be converted into a café or restaurant if a planning application is approved.
Residential Trust Ltd, which owns Carinas, submitted the proposals this week.
The type of venue it would become is not specified and the opening hours are as yet unknown.
Under the proposals, the number of full-time staff levels would increase from one to six and the number working part-time would go up from two to eight.
You may also want to watch:
The ground floor of the premises currently operates as a nightclub, with associated storage and toilets in the basement.
The three storeys above have a residential use.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
Sidmouth Town Council’s planning committee will discuss the application on Wednesday (March 8).
Its fate will be decided by East Devon District Council.