Could you survive on The Island with Bear Grylls, with no modern-day comforts?
- Credit: Channel 4 Television
Participants wanted for the Channel 4 show The Island with Bear Grylls
If the nearest you get to outdoor life is sitting on the terrace at Dukes, and ‘foraging for food’ means rummaging in the bargain shelf in Waitrose, this may not be for you.
Channel 4’s show The Island with Bear Grylls is looking for people to take part in the next series.
In previous series, the volunteers were stripped of all 21st-century comforts and cast away on a remote, deserted island. They filmed themselves and shared their story of survival. This year there is also a prize.
A Channel 4 spokesperson said: “We are looking for men and women who are fit and able to participate, of all ages (18+), each with their unique skillset, from a variety of backgrounds and professions who are confident in their ability to thrive but they do not need any experience in adventure or survival pursuits to participate.
You may also want to watch:
“We would imagine that everyone who participates will each bring different life experiences. Some people may have certain skills which could prove useful in a survival situation, such as the ability to build a bed or a shelter.
“We will cover reasonable pre-agreed loss of earnings for everyone who participates.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
Anyone interested in finding out more should email email@example.com