Could you survive on The Island with Bear Grylls, with no modern-day comforts?
- Credit: Channel 4 Television
Participants wanted for the Channel 4 show The Island with Bear Grylls
If the nearest you get to outdoor life is sitting on the terrace at Dukes, and ‘foraging for food’ means rummaging in the bargain shelf in Waitrose, this may not be for you.
Channel 4’s show The Island with Bear Grylls is looking for people to take part in the next series.
In previous series, the volunteers were stripped of all 21st-century comforts and cast away on a remote, deserted island. They filmed themselves and shared their story of survival. This year there is also a prize.
A Channel 4 spokesperson said: “We are looking for men and women who are fit and able to participate, of all ages (18+), each with their unique skillset, from a variety of backgrounds and professions who are confident in their ability to thrive but they do not need any experience in adventure or survival pursuits to participate.
You may also want to watch:
“We would imagine that everyone who participates will each bring different life experiences. Some people may have certain skills which could prove useful in a survival situation, such as the ability to build a bed or a shelter.
“We will cover reasonable pre-agreed loss of earnings for everyone who participates.”
- 1 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
Anyone interested in finding out more should email firstname.lastname@example.org