Town council chairman quizzed by Italian exchange students
- Credit: St John's School
Youngsters from Italy, visiting Sidmouth, got the chance to quiz the town council chairman on local issues.
Pupils from Udine International School visiting St John's School were visited by Councillor Ian Barlow.
They asked him about the impact of climate change, tourism, sea defences and the town council's future development plans.
During their visit to Sidmouth, the group from Udine took part in lessons with St John's pupils, made time capsules and took part in a 'spaghetti bridge challenge'.
Headteacher Graham Hurrell gave them a guided tour of Sidmouth which included Jacob's Ladder and Connaught Gardens.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hurrell said: "We are grateful to Mr Barlow for his time in answering the students' questions and for sharing his plans for the future. "Exchange programmes with St John's sister schools provide a unique international 'travelling classroom' for our students who learn to appreciate the culture, values and traditions of others."
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 4 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 5 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 6 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 7 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 8 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 9 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon