Council leader predicts ‘busy year’ for Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
THE chairman of Sidmouth Town Council has reflected on a busy year – with 2014 set to be another hectic 12 months.
A public inquiry into the district council’s Local Plan and anniversaries of FolkWeek, the twinning circle, Britain in Bloom and the centenary of the start of World War One are all on the horizon.
Councillor John Hollick said: “2013 has been a very busy one for Sidmouth. The beautiful summer weather helped to make the town busy and look its best and although the economic climate is still difficult, there is an improvement generally for the economy as a whole which I hope will continue through 2014.
“During the year the town council continued to fight for residents and businesses as the Local Plan process continued and will continue to do this as the inspector reviews the plan in 2014.
“The Tour of Britain brought much attention to Sidmouth in September with the enthusiastic and large crowds turning out and really impressing commentators. It gave us publicity over and above normal promotion channels.
You may also want to watch:
“2014 promises to be another busy one for anniversaries with the folk festival, twinning, Britain in Bloom and the centenary of the start of World War One all being marked in some way.
“I wish all your readers a prosperous, healthy and happy new year.”
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls