Council supports plans for bungalows on site of Sidmouth RAF cadet base
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Civic leaders have supported plans to replace a former RAF cadet hall with two bungalows for elderly residents in Sidmouth.
Town councillors backed the demolition of the large, semi-industrial building in Manstone Lane and its redevelopment, but raised concerns about the lack of parking or access and possible issues with rights of way.
Members were of the view that a method statement should be provided by the applicant addressing these issues before outline planning permission is granted.
The application says the pair of single-storey, one-bedroom homes will have a ‘logical’ layout - with only the bathrooms and kitchens facing the Manstone workshops - and boast ‘pleasant’ gardens.
The 2019 Sidmouth Squadron of the Air Training Corps was based in the centre until 2011, when it moved to its new HQ off Stowford Rise.
You may also want to watch:
The premises was sold for £38,000 at auction in February.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 10 East Devon author launches satirical book