Council supports plans for bungalows on site of Sidmouth RAF cadet base
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Civic leaders have supported plans to replace a former RAF cadet hall with two bungalows for elderly residents in Sidmouth.
Town councillors backed the demolition of the large, semi-industrial building in Manstone Lane and its redevelopment, but raised concerns about the lack of parking or access and possible issues with rights of way.
Members were of the view that a method statement should be provided by the applicant addressing these issues before outline planning permission is granted.
The application says the pair of single-storey, one-bedroom homes will have a ‘logical’ layout - with only the bathrooms and kitchens facing the Manstone workshops - and boast ‘pleasant’ gardens.
The 2019 Sidmouth Squadron of the Air Training Corps was based in the centre until 2011, when it moved to its new HQ off Stowford Rise.
You may also want to watch:
The premises was sold for £38,000 at auction in February.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon