Councillor requests bikes to decorate Sidmouth for Tour
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Sidmouth will have all the bells and whistles if a call for bicycles to decorate the town during the Tour of Britain is answered.
Town council event coordinator Stuart Hughes is appealing for any unwanted bicycles to be upcycled and help make the event as memorable as possible.
Sidmouth is hosting the start of the sixth stage of the race, and to celebrate there will be a week of events, including a procession of cycles, races around the town, and a concert with 1970s chart-toppers Mungo Jerry.
“We want this year’s Devon stage to be the most memorable in the event’s 10 year history and it’s wonderful to see many of the town’s organisations pulling together and in partnership to make this happen,” said Councillor Hughes
“We are looking for about 50 old bikes that will be recycled and put Sidmouth well and truly on the cycling map.”
You may also want to watch:
He hopes some of the bikes can be sourced within the Sid Valley, and is asking anyone with one spare to contact the town council on 01395 514424. Local collections can be arranged.
- 1 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'