Countdown to Sidmouth’s Beat the Bus run
EIGHTY runners have now signed up to take part in the exciting Beat the Bus challenge at the end of June.
Sidmouth Running Club members Bill Valentine and Lesley Roberts want to raise �500 for Sidmouth Living With Cancer’s Campaign 2010 mini-bus appeal from the unique run from Otterton to Sidmouth and back to beat Stagecoach’s bus.
While the bus will stick to roads, runners will go cross-country to the Triangle bus stop. The run starts at 6.15pm on Wednesday, June 30, from Otterton Green and ends back there two hours later with a ceremony to cut a bus-shaped cake made by Sidbury resident Jean Baker.
There will be lots of prizes to win on the night, including a �100 Bodyshop box from Sam Nichols, local Bodyshop consultant, fish ‘n chips and ice cream from the Prospect, a Seabrease beauty therapy voucher and a free swim voucher from the Royal Glen Hotel for their heated pool. Dukes is giving a meal for two with bottle of wine.
Members of SLWC will help with marshalling runners and Lesley’s husband Chris and their twins Freddie and Charlie, will be placed at Otterton Green with a water station and homemade flapjack for finishing runners.
You may also want to watch:
Friend Karen Furzey will run a water station at Sidmouth and entrant Miranda Hansford’s family will help with water stations en route.
Stagecoach has sponsored the run, giving �400 to help stage it. Closing date for entries is TODAY (June 23). Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 3 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 4 East Devon's first zero-emission hire car now on the road
- 5 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 6 Official accreditation for Sidmouth Vikings
- 7 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 8 Art society gear up for return of exhibition
- 9 Sidmouth bowlers suffer Madeira defeat
- 10 Local football unites against vandalism