Countryside painting competition for Devon primary school children
- Credit: Archant
Primary school children in the town who are keen on painting are invited to submit entries for a competition being run by a conservation charity.
The Summer painting competition for children is being organised by CPRE Devon to promote interest in the countryside.
The organisation’s new countryside ambassador Barney the Bull is being used to promote activities for primary school children in KS1 and KS2.
By entering the Summer Painting Competition, children can earn themselves a Devon Countryside Ambassador badge just like Barney’s.
The deadline for entries for the Summer Painting Competition is Friday 22nd June. Full details and entry forms can be found at www.cpredevon.org.uk/introducing-barney-the-bull
You may also want to watch:
Penny Mills, Director of CPRE Devon, said: “We want to actively encourage people to celebrate all that is special about our precious land and seascapes. We hope children – and the young at heart – will engage with our new mascot Barney. He’s looking forward to receiving lots of wonderful entries!”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future