Couple announce baby’s gender with unique reveal in Ottery
- Credit: Archant
The streets of Ottery turned blue at the weekend as a father-to-berevealed the gender of his baby in a unique way.
Car enthusiast Anthony Fraser has spent weeks repairing his car and purchasing tyres from Australia that would create either blue or pink smoke to announce he and partner Abbie Cook were expecting a boy or a girl.
On Saturday, in front of friends, family and intrigued residents, the tyres span to create a swirl of blue smoke to officially declare the couple will be having a boy.
Jubilant grandma-to-be Sarah Cook, who owns Downs Motors, in Mill Street, said she was ‘extremely’ excited to meet her first grandchild when it is born in January.
She said: “He drove off round the one way system, as he drove down past the garage he threw the handbrake on and pressed down and the wheels were spinning and that was when the smoke occurred.
You may also want to watch:
“There were lots of tears, it was such a relief after all the build up. It really didn’t matter what gender it was as long as the baby is healthy.”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman