Couple wed in Las Vegas style
SIDMOUTH residents Julie Turner and Michael Penaluna tied the knot in Las Vegas.
The couple, of Anstis Court, met at work at Sidmouth’s Hotel Riviera. Julieis PA to the managing director, and Michael works in reception.
Michael is the son of Christoper Penaluna of Exmouth and Jenny Beer of Hawkchurch. Julie is the daughter of Bob and Jen Turner formally of Anstis Foodservice which was located where Anstis Court is now in Woolbrook Road. It was the family business established by her great grandfather Tom Anstis in 1904.
They celebrated their big day with family at Lakeside, Regatta Drive, Las Vegas. Julie’s brother, Paul was witness.
He had got married in Las Vegas to Sharon in September 2005, and was the inspiration for the Julie heading there too.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I had been there before, but Michael hadn’t, and he was over-awed. It was an absolutely amazing day.”
After the wedding they were taken by limousine to their reception dinner at The Top of the World Restaurant, a revolving restaurant 1,149 feet up at the top of The Stratosphere on the Las Vegas Strip.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
After spending seven days in Vegas they spent the remaining 10 days of their honeymoon in Palm Springs, California.