Crews attend Ottery St Mary kitchen fire

PUBLISHED: 10:58 21 April 2017

Archant

Fire fighters were called to an Ottery St Mary home after reports of a blaze in a kitchen yesterday afternoon (Thursday).

On arrival in Slade Close at 2.48pm, crews confirmed that all persons were accounted for but that the room was full of smoke.

Two fire fighters in breathing apparatus entered the home and confirmed that the fire had been caused by food that had been left unattended.

The crews made the kitchen safe and checked the area with a thermal-imaging camera.

A fire service spokesman said the cause of the fire was accidental.

A paramedic also attended to check over the occupant, who had inhaled some smoke.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Sidmouth Herald. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Sidmouth Herald