Crews attend Ottery St Mary kitchen fire
- Credit: Archant
Fire fighters were called to an Ottery St Mary home after reports of a blaze in a kitchen yesterday afternoon (Thursday).
On arrival in Slade Close at 2.48pm, crews confirmed that all persons were accounted for but that the room was full of smoke.
Two fire fighters in breathing apparatus entered the home and confirmed that the fire had been caused by food that had been left unattended.
The crews made the kitchen safe and checked the area with a thermal-imaging camera.
A fire service spokesman said the cause of the fire was accidental.
You may also want to watch:
A paramedic also attended to check over the occupant, who had inhaled some smoke.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 9 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 10 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club