Crews called to electrical box fire in Ottery
- Credit: Archant
Ottery, Sidmouth and Honiton firefighters and Western Power were called to Ottery this afternoon (November 1).
Firefighters from Ottery, Honiton and Sidmouth were called this afternoon after reports of an electrical box fire.
The crews were sent to North Street in Ottery shortly before 1pm.
On arrival, firefighters discovered the box on fire and extinguished it with a dry powder extinguisher and a triple extension ladder.
A thermal imaging camera was also used to ensure the fire was fully out and the property was safe.
You may also want to watch:
The fire service requested Western Power attend the scene to deal with the damage to the electrical box.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future